[wp-testers] Lost in categories

Luc Saint-Elie lstelie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 15:39:40 GMT 2007

Hello,

Sorry to upset the list with my personnal problems but I'm in a
really hurry, so accept my appologies for that.

I have to set up a little site with 3 parts (lets call them cat1,
cat2, cat3)
Each part is a category and has subcategories (3 levels in fact)

The site has two navigation systems :

- a top level navigation bar with 3 buttons leading to cat1, cat2 and
cat3
- a classical menu column displaying the corresponding catégories

I need to

1 – open the site on cat1 with cat1 column navigation and content
only visible. So it’s different form WP default behavior who displays
at opening the whole categories hierarchy and the last post without
consideration to the category they belong to.

2 – when one click on the top level navigation cat2 button only cat2
subcategories and sub-sub-categories appear in the column box

3 – when one click on the categories menu in the column box, this
menu stays the same, I mean if ypou click on a sub-sub-category, the
menu doesn’t change it display the whole category hierarchy

What code in sitebar.php would allow this

What must I do in index.php to display only Cat1 posts  by default ?

Thanks in advance

Luc