[wp-testers] Xen and domU creating problems

helicoterus-elih at yahoo.it helicoterus-elih at yahoo.it
Mon Nov 5 07:59:40 GMT 2007

I would like to use Xen, I'm using VirtualBox and QEmu. I preferred change in Xen, because I  want to install a web server for testing.
I use OpenSuse 10.3 so I installed kernel-xen and its packages. I need to use a file for disc. I think to try to create a opensuse 10.3 domU.
What have I to do?
This is config file. I need to install the o.s. using dvd, because file is empty.
I do not understand if hda1 in disk parameter is physical (problem with host operative system) or just for virtual machine; my hardware hard disc has some partition and is name is sda.

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-xen"
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-xen"

#bootloader = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/domUlaoder.py"
#bootentry = "hda2:/vmlinuz-xen,/initrd-xen"
#bootentry = "/boot/vmlinuz-xen,/boot/initrd-xen"

# The domain build function. Default is 'linux'.
#builder='linux'

memory = 32

name = "OpenSuse"

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:00:00:11, bridge=xenbr0' ]

disk = [ 'file:/home/vale/hda.img,hda1,w', 'file:/home/vale/swap.img,hda2,w' ]
cdrom = '/dev/hdd'
boot = 'd'

#dhcp="dhcp"
# Set netmask.