[wp-testers] RE: Instant upgrade via FTP

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Thu May 31 17:12:56 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 07:16 -0700, Carlo wrote:
> If someone would like to give me a few tips on how to get involved I
> would really like to become an active tester. Now that I am working
> from home I am not shackled by regular company restraints such as
> technology, access to services, etc.

Usually, WP testers test the latest WP development version from
Subversion (see http://wordpress.org/download/svn/).

> I'd like to test the upgrade via FTP!

You should set up a new WordPress installation on your server, with a
separate database. Don't use a productive environment! Then you install
the plugin as described in the release announcement and make a test run.

If you've done that, it would be nice if you could post your expecience
along with lots of specifics about your server environment.

Hope this helps for starters. :)

Regards,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
http://www.zirona.com/ | Hilfe für das HQ AC: http://www.prohq.de