[wp-testers] text widget strips google ad code

Justin Royce justin at whichwaydoigo.com
Mon May 28 16:26:46 GMT 2007

Well, the Current SVN doesn't have anything derogatory in it, regarding
Google. I also tried tracking down your blog and hit upon a 2.0.6
install, so I couldn't look at the rendered code for the new install.

I'm currently running 2.0.7 ( i think ) on another blog without the
problem you're reporting. This actually sounds like one of your Widget
plugins isn't closing a tag properly on the backend. My quickest
suggestion would be to disable all the plugins and see if this still
happens. If disabling them fixes it, enable each plugin one at a time
and check it out to see which Widget is causing the problem. I had to do
this recently with another issue due to a nasty plugin bug - it's a pain
but is usually the fastest way of finding the issue, especially since
the "Disable All Plugins" was put in.

Justin