[wp-testers] text widget strips google ad code

LCSV4 theape at thelittlechimpsociety.com
Mon May 28 15:02:04 GMT 2007

Just a quick question...

Should I submit this as a ticket or not!

I'm using 2.2 Getz http://wordpress.org/latest.zip

In the presentation>widgets>text

Putting my google ad code into one is fine and it works but if you view
or edit the code after being saved it strips out the google_ad_client id
number. So the google ads still works, but you won't get paid for
clicks. This could be a problem since the text widget has made the
google ad widget redundant and I only noticed the striping by accident.

Should this not be a ticket since it only effects a 3rd parties code and
not wordpress's usability?