[wp-testers] Automated tests?

Travis Snoozy ai2097 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 24 15:07:13 GMT 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007 09:33:53 -0400, "Brian Layman"
<Brian at TheCodeCave.com> wrote:

> > On May 21, 2007, at 10:40 PM, Travis Snoozy wrote:
> >
> > >  I'm working on testing a WordPress plugin right now, and I got to
> > > wondering: does WordPress already have automated tests?
>
> People have also built their own for unit testing see:
>
> http://svn.wp-plugins.org/wp-app/trunk/test

Bingo; the simpletest component encapsulates most of the work I've
done and a lot more. The only thing missing* is a facade to drive
WordPress so common tasks can be simplified to things like Login,
CreateNewPost, DeletePost, etc. I was writing that anyway, so it's not
too big of a deal.

Thanks so much for the pointer!

--
Travis

* Aside from JavaScript support, which is understandably absent.