[wp-testers] 2.2 RC2 + a few things

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Mon May 14 19:32:18 GMT 2007

Just a note of something I've noticed:

Of course, we're *supposed* to disable plugins before upgrading. But how
many people actually do that? Not me, usually. Which has triggered a
problem on a couple of upgrades I've done. After upgrading, I've seen
errors related to cache files. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to
dig into it, and I'm not sure if it was the WP object cache or the
WP-Cache plugin.

So, for those of you who, like me, sometimes forget to disable plugins,
you might try to remember to at least disable WP-Cache, and delete all
cache files under your wp-content directory before you upgrade.

Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/