[wp-testers] Testing the RC

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Sun May 13 07:01:32 GMT 2007

On 5/13/07, Aaron Brazell <abrazell at b5media.com> wrote:
> That's not entirely true. While it is true that _most_ of the time
> your changes will be merged in, if your changes conflict with the
> upstream code your working copy will be in conflict mode.

Most of the time that's happened to me is when I've tweaked something
in WP, submitted a patch to Trac, and had WP trying to update the
already updated file. In that case, it's as simple as a 'svn revert
thefile.php'

I know, it can be a problem when it happens on production sites. Like,
just a few days ago, on http://alexking.org/, I noticed that his Share
This plugin was in a state of conflict (garbage wherever the Share
This link was located). This has the possibility of revealing possibly
sensitive information, e.g. if it happened to your wp-config.php.
Well, actually, it can't happen to wp-config.php since it doesn't fall
under version control, but anyway.