[wp-testers] Reactivate Plugins (ticket #4176) for 2.2

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu May 10 06:59:52 GMT 2007

On 5/9/07, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/9/07, Brian Layman <Brian at thecodecave.com> wrote:
> > IMHO
> >
> > If it is an RC, no new features should be added no matter how good they
> > are...
> >
> > If it weren't RC'd today, I'd be all for it!
>
> Another call for a more open dev process if you ask me. Should we not
> all be getting a warning a week in advance that RCs are coming, so we
> can do things like champion our tickets right before RC?

We've spent almost a month removing tagging, stabilizing widgets, and
fixing bugs so we can release 2.2.  We have been on feature lock down
except for widgets the entire time.  We are over three weeks behind
schedule. If anyone had something to champion and hasn't been doing
it, why not?  Saving their orneriness for the last possible moment?
Let the letters R and C be the spark and the tender that lights a fire
under your ass.  The time is now to nominate your pets for 2.2.

Ryan