[wp-testers] DB_CHARSET and DB_COLLATE in wp-config.php

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Fri May 4 13:30:18 GMT 2007

With 2.2, there's slated two additional values in wp-config.php, DB_CHARSET
and DB_COLLATE,  for users to consider.

In getting ready for the 2.2 release, I've made a working copy of the Edit
wp-config.php document at
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:MichaelH/Editing_wp-config.php

I'm interested in comments on the "Database character set" and "Database
collate" sections I've added to that document.  Is what I've described
adequate?

Based on comments, I will also make changes to the Installation document:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Step_3:_Set_up_wp-config.php

I also wonder if some information (or warning) about this should be added to
the upgrade document?
http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress

Note:  related trac ticket http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3517

I know this is a question about documentation, but thought posting this to
wp-testers would be appropriate...

Thank you for your suggestions.

Michael E. Hancock