[wp-testers] Wordpress UTC Time

Mark R tamba2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:32:08 GMT 2007

On 3/22/07, David Herren <david at idiomatrix.com> wrote:

> THis is probably a naive question...
>
> What does wordpress have to do anything with time at all? Why doesn't
> it just read the underlying system clock, which already handles the
> daylight savings time changes? What am I missing?

Timezones change in many countries - but this request is US-centric. I
haven't ever seen a request from a non-US person about this. That isn' t to
say it in the end might not be found useful, but my prediction is that this
will not be mentioned anywhere at all for 12 months at which point we do it
all again. If the clamour was in time with everywhere - good case.