[wp-testers] Wordpress UTC Time

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Thu Mar 22 03:55:52 GMT 2007

> I for one have _never_ heard it as "Daylight Saving Time".
> It's always been in the plural, as far as I can remember.
That is the most common way of saying it, however, it is not the
official term.
And that, kind sir, is why there is a group of people who will
fanatically attack anyone who dares make the mistake of including the
"S".  Some people live for calling their local news station and
correcting them when the anchor dares to slip the "S" in.  I saw that
happen just last week on the local news show.  They'd gotten enough
calls that at the closing of the show, they had to apologize for the
error.

A bit silly if you ask me, but adding it to the core with an "S" would
draw them out of the wood works.

Anyway, I'm with Robert if indeed 5.2 handles this natively. Properly
implementing a timezone and DST patch is incredibly complicated.  Just
lookup the reg file MS distributed to up date their registry settings
for the DST change.  Look at your local timezone and look how many
variables are involved.  It's nuts.  If PHP 5.2 gives us what we need,
after a while, I wouldn't even put in the check box.