[wp-testers] Bug with next/prev page links

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 03:01:38 GMT 2007

On 3/7/07, David M. Williams <david at alivad.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to submit a bug report via trac but I don't have the
> authority to do so. Given the friendly nature of this mailing list I am
> hoping I can submit it here and that someone who knows the relevant
> section of code may be able to sort it out :)
>
> Fundamentally, I have a domain (alivad.com) which redirects via DNS to my
> ISP web space (http://home.exetel.com.au/davidmwilliams). I set the
> WordPress URI to http://www.alivad.com and the Blog address to
> http://www.alivad.com - both are the same.
>
> This works, in that WordPress shows links for posts, categories, pages,
> etc in the format I want, namely http://www.alivad.com/?blah
>
> HOWEVER the previous and next page links at the bottom of the page are
> showing wrongly as http://www.alivad.com/davidmwilliams/index.php?paged=x
> (and, of course, these are invalid addresses).
>
> I can't understand why the 'davidmwilliams' part is being added like that.
> It seems the next/prev page links are working out the address by a mixture
> of the blog address and the physical underlying directory. I am surmising
> it uses different code to generate the link than as used for posts,
> categories, etc.
>
> Thank you !!

As Moshu describes in http://wordpress.org/support/topic/98861 set the
blog address to where the blog actually is served, ie
http://home.exetel.com.au/davidmwilliams/

I am glad you figured out how to submit a ticket. Welcome to WordPress
development.

Ticket URL: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3933
Closing as INVALID.
What you are doing is not what these WordPress settings are meant to address.

Cheers,
Lloyd