[wp-testers] Bug with next/prev page links

David M. Williams david at alivad.com
Thu Mar 8 02:21:46 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I've been trying to submit a bug report via trac but I don't have the
authority to do so. Given the friendly nature of this mailing list I am
hoping I can submit it here and that someone who knows the relevant
section of code may be able to sort it out :)

Fundamentally, I have a domain (alivad.com) which redirects via DNS to my
ISP web space (http://home.exetel.com.au/davidmwilliams). I set the
WordPress URI to http://www.alivad.com and the Blog address to
http://www.alivad.com - both are the same.

This works, in that WordPress shows links for posts, categories, pages,
etc in the format I want, namely http://www.alivad.com/?blah

HOWEVER the previous and next page links at the bottom of the page are
showing wrongly as http://www.alivad.com/davidmwilliams/index.php?paged=x
(and, of course, these are invalid addresses).

I can't understand why the 'davidmwilliams' part is being added like that.
It seems the next/prev page links are working out the address by a mixture
of the blog address and the physical underlying directory. I am surmising
it uses different code to generate the link than as used for posts,
categories, etc.

Thank you !!