[wp-testers] function wpautop()

Tom Klingenberg tklingenberg at lastflood.net
Mon Mar 5 23:31:59 GMT 2007

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 23:41:14 +0100, Jamie Talbot
<wphackers at jamietalbot.com> wrote:

> It's main purpose is to change a double line break into <p> tags I
> think.  If you're looking for
> better tag-balancing and cleaning, there are a couple of plugins that
> might do a better job for you.
>  Off the top of my head, I can think of X-Valid (disclaimer: mine),
> wptidy and a plugin based on
> HTML purifier (though I'm not sure if that was actually released).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jamie.

thanks for the info. for the <p> tags i thought as well, but maybe instead
of putting another plugin into what about to have this function better
documented and cleaned up? are there any plans? i found out that the
mistake with my input was, that some lines of code were prefixed with
spaces and tabs and that these \s -es resulted in extra </p> -s  after
that function was applied.

--tom