[wp-testers] wp & proxy & php 5.2.1?

Frank Helmschrott frank at helmschrott.de
Mon Mar 5 18:15:11 GMT 2007

Hi guys,

i recently noticed a problem some people had with my blog. they told me
beeing unable to see anything but the homepage on
http://blog.helmschrott.de/.

Until today i've not been able to reproduce the problem. Today i found
out this only happen when using a proxy server (no matter which one). So
i also entered a proxy into firefox and got the same problem. We could
work this around by switching of gzip output compression. but that's
nothing real good. I managed to find out that this seem to be bigger
problems with wp using php 5.2.1 or something other special together
with a proxy. unfortunately i only do have php 5.2.1 available on one
own server (dedicated) and one hosting account.

Probably you're able to use a proxy and see yourself:

http://blog.helmschrott.de/ surf through the blog and watch the random
numbers on top and partly within the page and the sometimes infinetly

there's still more confusement at the other server:

http://blogfeeds.de/ (empty, fresh testinstallation of wp) isn't really
usable anymore with a proxy. For those of you not beeing able to use a
proxy i've taken a screenie of the site and the source:

Frontend: http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/915/blogfeedschaosda9.png
Source: http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7338/blogfeedssourceun0.png

*The admin area does not show ANY of those errors.*

the results on the other server don't look that hard but seem to happen
to all version of wordpress.

http://test.helmschrott.de/ (also a testinstallation)
http://www.blogwiese.de/ (same server WP 2.0.9)

all other installations are 2.1.2's

I already searched the forums and lists for that issue but didn't find
anything like this yet, so i decided to post it here.

This doesn't seem to happen to any other application on these servers. I
tried s9y and b2e for blogging, Gallery2, Joomla and others - all look fine.

Thanks for helping,
Frank