[wp-testers] Strange Link Category behavior

Corey Thompson corey at coreythompson.com
Wed Jun 27 11:17:48 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I'm currently using nightly from 06-09 (I will be moving on soon) and
have noticed a strange behavior with link categories.  As an aside, I
also am experiencing the creation of "0" categories when a draft is
autosaved.  This phenomenon, though, occurs when you are populating
your blogroll.  I have noticed that when you input a link in the link
manager and then change what category you want to have it in, every
link that you had in the "old" category is no longer categorised.

example:

I add http://coreythompson.com to my blogroll and assign it to the
"Places I like" category but then realize it would be better placed in
"Daily Travels".  I go and fix it with the link manager edit function
and, voila! Everything else assigned to "Places I Like" now also has
no category.

I haven't seen this reported as a bug.  Has anyone seen or experienced this?