[wp-testers] 2.3 Where and what...

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 16:39:21 GMT 2007

Ryan Boren wrote:
> On 6/25/07, spencerp <spencerp1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just curious, where do we stand on 2.3 and upgrading Live Sites to it?
>> And, what needs done to have the live sites upgraded without major
>> issues like I had on localhost copy? Especially when using the UTW
>> plugin and etc etc? Just was curious... thanks!
>>
>> P.S. I haven't tried it on any live sites myself, just been too swamped
>> lately sigh. :(
>
> Matt and I have upgraded a number of sites with good results.  Just
> make sure you are upgrading from 2.1 or later releases.  If you're
> upgrading from something older the upgrade will bomb.  Fixing that is
> on the to-do.
>
> Category related plugins will likely break horribly.   The UTW
> importer should work, but I haven't tested it too much lately.
>
> Upgrade doesn't delete the categories, link2cat, or post2cat tables,
> so you can always fall back.
>
> Ryan

Awesome! Just what I needed to hear! :D No worries on the older
versions, I only run Trunk on all of my live sites except of course that
2.2.spencerp.net test site. :) And for those running UTW plugin, which
is my main two spencerp.net and vindictivebastard.net ... so.. I'll have
to take things slow with them I guess...

I'll attempt upgrades later today or tonight. I'm not going to do this
while lacking sleep. Thanks so much Ryan! :)

--
spencerp
http://spencerp.net