[wp-testers] Discovered something odd......Wordpress/cpanel issue?

D Kai Wilson kai at kaiberie.com
Wed Jun 20 22:20:23 GMT 2007

I'm not sure what - exactly - has gone wrong, but I'm running up to date copies of Wordpress through Cpanel (for ease of use for my clients) but when I try to add a redirect via Cpanel, whilst running Wordpress on the main domain, and the redirects don't take.

I've tested this on two servers, with both Wordpress MU and Wordpress and its happening on two independent servers (running updated Cpanel) but when Wordpress isn't installed, it's not happening.  The redirects add just fine.

I know how to do it by hand, but I thought I'd flag it up, just in case it's not isolated (I thought it was weird that it was happening on two separate servers).

Anyone else encountered this, and got any ideas how to work out why it's happening, and whether it's a Cpanel bug to report to them?

Thanks guys!

D Kai Wilson

Checked by AVG Free Edition.