[wp-testers] Aksimet banning?

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:55:46 GMT 2007

On 6/4/07, Andy Holtzmann <designdroide at gmail.com> wrote:
> SO basically while My Idea is a good one. Akismet will not be making changes
> to accomadate a IP banning system?

I don't think anyone was saying that it's a good one.  It's one
potential tool for use in contra-spam activities, but it alone leads
to far too many false positives and thus enraged users/readers.

> I hate spam. they clog your blog. it takes time to go through and pull out
> non-spam comments.  I really would like to met the geneius that thought of
> spamming first.
>
> Matt Mullenweg:
> If i could locate a server taht already maintains a Spamming IP list. coudl
> I bring this up again to see if Akismet to use hte info off of that server?

Spam Karma and other anti-spam solutions already use Real-time
Blackhole Lists.  Please use them if that's the direction you want to
go.  Matt stated that Akismet wouldn't be using this information
directly.

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/