[wp-testers] Aksimet banning?

Andy Holtzmann designdroide at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 03:41:53 GMT 2007

Jeremy Visser wrote:
> Andy Holtzmann wrote:
>
>> hey I am not sure how else to get a hold of such an open-to-idea group
>> of Automattic developers. this isn't really for WP but for akismet. what
>> if you had the option of banning ip that are caught as spam. not a
>> definite "oh you spamed me" but you know your friend comments with links
>> to make a point, so Akismet catches it. but just a way to automatically
>> ban spam bots and what not.
>>

> You mean, like adding whitelists and blacklists? Perhaps a bozo-type
> (ref: bbPress) approach by bozo'ing IP addresses would help.

yeah. but - if I am not mistaken - blacklist still allows them to view
your site. I mean a total blockade - with exception of proxys ( grr ) -
of this person. I know that there are other tools out there, SPam Krama,
that does this. but it is not as comprehensive as Akismet. I am thinking
of a more powerful Akismet. Power in the sense of the blogger can
control more with out needing more plugins