[wp-testers] export/import on 2.3

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 23:48:54 GMT 2007

Please note: This is not regarding the tags part of 2.3, for export and
import..

As I've said in numerous previous emails, about the troublesome issues
with the upgrading recently for the 2.3-alpha trunk version.. I was just
wanting the vital stuff carried over into a fresh copy of 2.3-alpha.
Basically enabling me to start all over fresh with it. Because something
went totally screwy..

Here below is what I did:

1.) Installed a FRESH 2.3-alpha copy on a sub domain.

2.) Exported all comments, posts, authors (with their posts), categories
and etc onto that FRESH 2.3-alpha install.

3.) Manually edited the default Blog Roll. Changed it's name. Added
links from original main VB site to it.

Now, my question(s) are:

a.)  How can I go about adding the USERS themselves from original VB
site, without messing anything up on FRESH copy? Because I have some
users that joined, with password, and etc and then posted comments on
original VB blog. Which were carried over during import... Or, should I
not worry about that and just let them re-register again?

Or would it be safe to just grab the user tables themselves for each
specific user, and just copy / paste the INSERT query for each of their
tables and still be good to go?

Thanks in advance..

--
spencerp