[wp-testers] Cache and WP2.1

Matthew Robinson mattyrobuk at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 26 08:20:18 GMT 2007

On 25 Jan 2007, at 22:41, Mark Jaquith wrote:

>> define('DISABLE_CACHE', true);
>>
>> in wp-config.php?
>
> Yes, but as with 2.0.3 through 2.0.7, the cache is inactive by
> default.

Well that rules the cache out as being my problem then :-(

>> In one window the function works as expected, in another I am
>> getting:
>>
>> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /web/sites/1/
>> garstang/www.garstang.f2s.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/
>> subscribe2/subscribe2.php on line 1657
>>
>> because the "array" passed to foreach() is in fact a string
>> containing "date" when I last looked!
>
> get_categories() is returning a string containing "date" ?

Yes, but only in my plugin and only on a certain page of my plugin.
I've reproduced similar code in a dramatically cut down set of code
ad it works as expected! So, there must be something somewhere in my
code but I'm damned if I can see it!

The really weird thing is that this works on my localhost sandbox
setup (Mac OSX, PHP4 and SQL5.0.27) but not on a server (Linux, PHP4
and SQL5.0.27).

My other issue is some pages don't load on the server as they should
and since my host is currently upgrading their webhosting servers I'm
beginning to think that may be the cause of my problems.

I'll keep looking :-(

Matt