[wp-testers] Cache and WP2.1

Matthew Robinson mattyrobuk at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 25 21:13:15 GMT 2007

Is it still possible to disable the cache in WP2.1 with:

define('DISABLE_CACHE', true);

in wp-config.php?

I have a plugin that calls the same internal function from several
admin pages. The internal function in turn makes a call to
get_categories. I have code that works perfectly locally returning an
array of categories, but on a hosted site I am getting very bizarre
results.

In one window the function works as expected, in another I am getting:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /web/sites/1/
garstang/www.garstang.f2s.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/subscribe2/
subscribe2.php on line 1657

because the "array" passed to foreach() is in fact a string
containing "date" when I last looked!

Cheers,
Matt