[wp-testers] Wordpress 2.1 update breaks xmlrpc compliance

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 19:37:59 GMT 2007

On 1/23/07, Alexander Kucera <a.kucera at babylondreams.de> wrote:
> The new update returns int instead of string for categoryId, which
> makes it impossible to use with some desktop clients (in my case ecto).

Thanks Alexander for the concise report! Feel free to file your issues
directly in trac .

I have created #3662: Can't post using Ecto b/c categoryID should be
string not int [1]. A patch is available for WordPress (core) and
should be included in the first maintenance release of WordPress 2.1 .
Please try it and add a comment to the ticket in trac saying you
tested it and whether it now works or not.

Thanks,
Lloyd

1. http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3662