[wp-testers] 2.1 RC2

Omar Abo-Namous kontakt at toomuchcookies.net
Sun Jan 21 05:24:19 GMT 2007

Hi,

the issue is that you could edit a page via

/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=<page_id>

(mind you: parameter: post!)

I think - rather than saying "people won't go to that link", wordpress
should ensure, that the post being edited is really a post not a page.
If a page is loaded via "post=<page_id>" it shouldn't be much of a
problem to just either say to the user, you can't edit this page here
and refer him to "...&page=<page_id>" or even better handle the
submitted page as a page regardless of the fact, that the url says it is
a post!

regards.