[wp-testers] Release Candidate 1

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 11:05:53 GMT 2007

On 1/18/07, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> http://wordpress.org/beta/wordpress-2.1-RC1.zip
>
> Changes since beta4 include send to editor, thumbnailing, pingback, and
> autosave fixes. Things to test:
>
> * Incoming and outgoing pingbacks
> * Image uploader.  Particularly thumbnailing and send to editor.
> * Autosave.  Try publishing directly prior to and after autosave kicks in.
> autosave happens every two minutes.
>
> Ryan

Oh dang. I've encountered several bugs where certain form fields
throughout the WP Admin interface contain two ID attributes. I'm
currently attending linux.conf.au [1] so I haven't had a chance to
submit a patch.

Can someone else check this for me? It's quite easy. Go to
/wp-admin/options.php. Then, change the html_type value to
'application/xhtml+xml' without the quotes. Then, go to every page in
the WP Admin and do everything you can possibly do. Particularly look
at comments editing / spam queues. You might find something suspect in
there.

[1] http://lca2007.linux.org.au/

--
Jeremy Visser