[wp-testers] Exporting and importing

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Wed Jan 17 13:54:57 GMT 2007

Hi Stefan,

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 10:56 +0100, S G wrote:
> I want to set up a testing enviroment for your beta-packages.
> Therefore I need an exporting of my live-2.0.x posts and importing for
> 2.1.
> Is there a more simple way instead of making a dumb of my database?

haven't seen you for quite some time in the German WP forums... ;-)

You can try this tool, which did a great job for me when merging two WP
installs: http://www.technosailor.com/wordpress-to-wordpress-import/

However, I don't see the actual problem with a db dump. Simply restore
the db on your new host and update the 'siteurl' and 'home' settings in
you database and you're ready to go.

Best regards
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
work: http://www.zirona.com/ | leisure: http://www.roggenrohl.net