[wp-testers] "Ready for upgrade" script...

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 12:54:26 GMT 2007

[Doug wrote>
 Don't take down your posts, don't rename the files, go Ryan's route. Leave the existing files in place and create stubs with the old names include()ing the new files.  All new code should call the files directly,~~~]

Ah, I misunderstood him the first time then.. Wouldn't doubt it though, I'm riding on - XX hours of sleep again lmao! Anyway, thanks for making that more clear Doug.. ;) :)

[Doug wrote>
we should make a DevBlog post STATING CLEARLY what is
changing and asking/reminding plugin authors to shift their code if it relies upon the old way and then remove the stubs for 2.2.  Then, if stuff breaks, we can REALLY say "We warned you, but did you listen? Ohhhh, no!  Its just a harmless little bunny rabbit...!"~~]

I agree.. ;) (I don't really need to comment on this, because it's awesomely written to begin with!! hahaha. ;) :)  )

--
spencerp
http://spencerp.net