[wp-testers] Save your every word

Paveo Chen paletheweed at 21cn.com
Wed Jan 10 07:01:10 GMT 2007

WordPress 2.1 has a autosave draft feature,but I find some problem:
1,When the network is disabled and we click the Save button to save the post the browser response timeout from the server,we will want to recover the words we had wrote and we will click the Back button in the browser to see if the words still in the edit area.It's very sorry,everytime I try and I lose the words I have not saved.
2,I have a test WP 2.1 beta 2 in my computer for autosave function,I write some thing and shutdown the http server,the autosave will try to save the draft in 120s,but it can't detect the network broken and trying "Saving Draft...".At this time,we can do nothing but refresh the page and it will lose any thing we writed.I start the http server again,and the WP still trying "Saving Draft...",at this time we can do nothing too but do the same thing like reloading the page.
Emmm,Gmail has a network detecting function to awake the user their link maybe disabled,any improper operating will let you lose the works.

(Sorry for poor English)