[wp-testers] Good Work

Andy Holtzmann designdroide at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 00:27:51 GMT 2007

Alex Günsche wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 16:12 -0700, Andy Holtzmann wrote:
>
>> I thought that people that give up hours at a time to better Wordpress
>> should be recognized and with out much further notice other then the
>> email with a links to it.
>>

> Very well. But please don't forget to mention the list members' wifes as
> well as their children, who mentally support the testers and give them
> strength and confidence. Also, there might be one or another dog, who is
> a tester's best friend and makes him feel better. I think they all
> deserve being mentioned. I would even propose a new article for them:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordpress_testers'_wifes,_children_and_pets
>
> *scnr*
>
> But seriously: I think that a crowd of testers is normal for each
> OpenSource project. Nobody would think of mentioning the testers of
> Debian or Gnome in a Wikipedia article. And in the end, testers also
> largely benefit from the products they test, so the call for
> compensation is not really justified. Btw, you also don't mention the
> people who develop plugins and themes, or the people who do support in
> forums. And why not? Because this is nothing specific about WordPress,
> but this is usual in an OpenSource community.
>

> Best regards
> Alex

I did not mention them because that portion of the article is meant for
the developers of the actual Blogging system, but yes the do deserve a
great deal of mention. they are the ones that make little goodies for
Wordpress. I am not though, I admire those who can start form scratch
and make something great

Andrew
~~designdroide.com~~