[wp-testers] Good Work

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Wed Jan 10 00:07:50 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 16:12 -0700, Andy Holtzmann wrote:
> I thought that people that give up hours at a time to better Wordpress
> should be recognized and with out much further notice other then the
> email with a links to it.

Very well. But please don't forget to mention the list members' wifes as
well as their children, who mentally support the testers and give them
strength and confidence. Also, there might be one or another dog, who is
a tester's best friend and makes him feel better. I think they all
deserve being mentioned. I would even propose a new article for them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordpress_testers'_wifes,_children_and_pets

*scnr*

But seriously: I think that a crowd of testers is normal for each
OpenSource project. Nobody would think of mentioning the testers of
Debian or Gnome in a Wikipedia article. And in the end, testers also
largely benefit from the products they test, so the call for
compensation is not really justified. Btw, you also don't mention the
people who develop plugins and themes, or the people who do support in
forums. And why not? Because this is nothing specific about WordPress,
but this is usual in an OpenSource community.

Best regards
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
work: http://www.zirona.com/ | leisure: http://www.roggenrohl.net