[wp-testers] Mysql Versions

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 20:27:18 GMT 2007

On 1/9/07, Sybex <sybex at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I have been trying out the latest WP 2.1 Beta to check out a plugin
> and have found that it will only install on Mysql 5. I haven't
> noticed any comments on this in the lists before.
> Is this correct and is this going to be true for the final release.

Good to bring this up!

What problem are you experiencing? What version of Mysql do you have
installed? In what environment?

Dropping support for mysql 3.x for WP 2.1 was discussed at length on
wp-hackers. One thread:
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-November/009602.html

http://boren.nu/archives/2006/11/19/should-wp-drop-mysql-323-support/

It seemed to me that min req of mysql 4.1 had favor, with a strong
underpinning of at least 4.0 being a min, but I don't think a decision
has been published.

I don't think any 4.1 or greater features are currently being used in
core. subqueries anywhere?

Hope that helps,
Lloyd