[wp-testers] RE: Your mission, should you choose to accept it (Anthony Cavella)

Joefish joefish.testers at feastofcrumbs.com
Sun Jan 7 03:29:49 GMT 2007

On 1/6/07, Anthony J Cavella <anthony at soldiersmind.com> wrote:
> I noticed with WP2.1 there is no longer any way to present a random
> selection of the Blogroll.  In the past users have been able to have their
> Blogroll display for example, 12 random links.  Is this feature being
> missing an oversite?  I personally find the feature extremely useful.

The wp_get_links function (new to 2.1, I think) allows you to use the
limit parameter to cap the number of links. I think what you want can
be accomplished with something like
wp_get_links('orderby=rand&limit=12')

The codex doesn't document this function well, but you can see the
parameters supported by eyeballing the function in
wp-includes/bookmark-template.php