[wp-testers] beta1 and entities

Ludo Rubben ludo.rubben at topsoft.be
Sat Jan 6 10:06:00 GMT 2007

No, it is 2.05, because I have now 2 blogs running side by side, one is 2.05, the other 2.1 beta1, and the problems with 2.05 are still present. I use Sharpreader as feed reader and the texts are filled with things like

"terrain n’a pourtant pas vraiment varié d’une année à l’autre”, explique"

while exactly the same text in 2.1 displays normally in sharpreader. Mind you, other feed readers do read this text correctly.

I also know where the problem comes from: if the entity is "’", then with version 2.05, the first part of the entity is translated to & while the second part (#0217;) is displayed as text. So you end up with ’ which is interpreted by Sharpreader as an ampersand (correct) with some text behind it (also correct).

In 2.1, the complete entity remains ’ as it should be and it is interpreted as " ' ".

Regards.

Ludo Rubben
General Manager
Top Soft bvba