Firefox view ~source -was- Re: [wp-testers] Re: 2.1 Adding extra <p> tag - bug ?

Phil Ringnalda philringnalda at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 03:29:55 GMT 2007

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> I've noticed when I do "view selection source" it'll show rendered stuff
> that has been modified, where "view source" is usually just the content
> of the page.

That's intentional and inevitable, since your selection's actual source
might be five JavaScript files and a couple of XHRed text files. If the
feature's author had his way, it would be named something more like
"Serialize Selected Nodes of DOM" (or the original name, View MathML
Source).

People seeing something other than the original source from View -
Source generally either need to be prompted to update from 1.0.x, or
need to forget about what they saw with it. There were several bugs with
things like collapsing multiple quotes, and balancing missing ones, but
that should have all been fixed by 1.5 (and if someone's seeing it in
2.0 or trunk, please file bugs).

Phil Ringnalda