[wp-testers] Your mission, should you choose to accept it

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Fri Jan 5 04:06:15 GMT 2007

Matt, (or anyone else)

Is there only the one 'wp-admin/upgrade.php?step=1' step in the 2.1 upgrade
process?  I'm wrapping up my upgrade script that I posted to wp-hackers a
bit ago and would like to have it perform the online upgrade steps too.  I
thought I could toss this email out and get some opinions in the process.

The script is configured to handle multiple upgrade steps, I'm really
wondering if I should have the script to contain more than one by default,
even if they aren't used in the current releases.

Here's what I am talking about...

In the initialization section I already have an array of urls that it should
visit for each blog.  I just don't know which defaults I should put in.  For
instance, what happens if someone puts in a call to step=2 and that update
doesn't have a step 2.  Is that a bad thing?

For instance, my initilization section can have these arrays:

BlogDirs[1]='site1'
BlogURL[1]='www.blog1.com'

BlogDirs[2]='site2/news'
BlogURL[2]='www.site2.com/news'

BlogDirs[3]='wordpress'
BlogURL[3]='www.site3.com'

UpdateURL[1]='wp-admin/upgrade.php'
UpdateURL[2]='wp-admin/upgrade.php?step=1'
UpdateURL[3]='wp-admin/upgrade.php?step=2'

In a big loop, each blog dir is backed up (if that option is chosen).  Then
I do a loop appending each UpdateURL to the current BlogURL.  So the upgrade
is completed to each site.  Should I just include one url
'wp-admin/upgrade.php?step=1' because that is all that is needed, or should
I include more as shown above.  What do you think would be the best thing to
do in this script?