[wp-testers] No Blogroll Category for Upgrades to 2.1.1

DragonFlyEye dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net
Mon Feb 26 15:23:20 GMT 2007

I've been a bit behind in my reading here, so forgive me if I've missed something you've already covered.  I do realize that you're aware of some of the strangeness with WP2.1 and Link Categories.

However, I have not yet read anything that addresses my specific issue directly, so I'm going to throw this out there:

Here's the deal: if you install WP2.1 fresh, as I did with my wife's blog, it will create a "Blogroll" Category for you.  All Link Categories you create after that will have the "Blogroll" Category as their parent.

However, if you *upgrade* from WP2.0+, it does not create this "Blogroll" Category.  It *does* create the sub-categories, but they all appear as children of the "Uncategorized" Category.  It should be pointed out that I do not have any links in my "Blogroll" category, and rather have everything in sub-Categories.  This may perhaps account for why the "Blogroll" category got skipped over, but perhaps not.

Has this already been addressed, or not?  I have upgraded from WordPress 2.0.7 to WordPress 2.1.1 and see no other issues with the upgrade thus far.

Thank you for bearing with me!