[wp-testers] 2.1: Problems with custom Page templates in theme editor

Joefish joefish.testers at feastofcrumbs.com
Thu Feb 8 17:21:00 GMT 2007

I'm having a few issues with named Page templates in the theme editor
in WP 2.1. I keep my blogroll on a Page. For that Page I have a custom
Page template named "Link page." I also have Page templates named
"Page (No Sidebar)," "Page (No Comments)" and "Tag Search Page."

All of these Page names display normally in the Page editor's "Page
Template" menu, but none of them will display the full name in the
Theme Editor. There the last word in the name is always omitted. "Page
(No Sidebar)" becomes "Page (No," "Link page" becomes simply "Link,"
etc.

I've set the name for each of these templates with:

<?php
/*
Template Name: Link page
*/
?>

which worked just fine for me in 2.0.x (and still does). I've tried
adding a similar name to templates in the Default theme and found
identical results; the name is truncated there also.

Can anyone confirm that this is a 2.1 bug and not just some quirk with my setup?