[wp-testers] WordPress 2.0.8 RC1

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Fri Feb 2 02:36:13 GMT 2007

Development continues on WordPress 2.2 and 2.1.1, but that doesn't
mean we've forgotten about you 2.0.x users!  As part of our ongoing
commitment to support WordPress 2.0.x until 2010, we're readying the
release of WordPress 2.0.8

Download WordPress 2.0.8 RC1 here:

	http://wordpress.org/release-archive/wordpress-2.0.8-RC1.zip

2.0.8 RC 1 contains:

	- a security fix for wp_remote_fopen()
	- better compatibility with PHP 5.2
	- a fix for feed links when using a /%category%/ permalink structure
	- misc HTML validation fixes
	- misc obscure error fixes

For the full list of changes since 2.0.7, see here:

	http://trac.wordpress.org/log/branches/2.0?
action=stop_on_copy&rev=4858&stop_rev=4777&mode=stop_on_copy&verbose=on

And here is a list of all the associated tickets:

	http://trac.wordpress.org/query?
status=closed&resolution=fixed&milestone=2.0.8

Feedback is especially desired from:

	- PHP 5.2 users
	- users with /%category%/ based permalink structures

Please report any issues to this list immediately.  This is scheduled
to drop on Monday.  Happy testing!

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/