[wp-testers] More on hack...

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 17:14:39 GMT 2007

Just wondering, rather then posting all this stuff through a list here,
can someone make a pretty page on WP.COM and WP.ORG regarding being
hacked/attacked/sql injections and etc? Maybe make a new button at top
navigation menu called "Security", do up a nice sexy page about what to
do, what to get from host log file wise, where to send such things, and
whatever else needs addressed [insert here]...

I know there are pages (hardening WordPress) on Codex which helps, but
sending stuff like this through lists all the time, raises hysteria for
others. I've been hacked twice since being online, and it's not pretty.
I do do backups and such ever since those "hacking/attacks", but having
things like this come through lists still puts that hysteria out there.
I'd rather NOT hear about things like this on a list.  Even though it
does give a forewarning... Just my 2 cents... Well, maybe I should keep
that 2 cents, if I don't I'll be short for a soda later...

Thank God for my buddies ban script.. bans incoming hits from bad UAs
and keywords like: libwww-perl/5.805, Pear, etc etc...  I still better
backup though anyway...