[wp-testers] Even More...

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Dec 28 22:21:34 GMT 2007

Hi,
It would be great if your host could provide Access logs for the attempts which suceeded, So that the WP devs can decide if theres an unknown security vulnerability, or if its somethinhg entirely different.
(Infact, Even for the ones which mod_security blocked, just incase they may've suceeded anyway)

Rather than posting the logs publically here, You may want to send them along to security at wordpress.org, The Core Devs will recieve them and be able to deal with fixing the issue without having to publish it, potentially allowing others access immediately.

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:14:38 +1100, cpa31335 <tpblogeditor at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am told by my host service that this was an targeted attack and that SQL
> injection was used. Grrrrrr...

> if you can make heads or tails of that... that's what happened... what I
> don't get is... why'd it take so long for my SQL Database to crash?

SQL Injection just means they added a bit to the SQL queries which WP runs maliciously, WP shouldnt've allowed that to happen though, but there are parts that would be affected, If you're posts had malicious code in them fora few weeks, then that would be "Hacked #1", It may be that someone else has come along and done "Hack #2" and left WP unuseable, or something, its hard to tell honestly.