[wp-testers] Re: 2.4 and the "are you sure" messages..

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:55:09 GMT 2007

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> spencerp wrote:
>>> Just wondering, but why did I get the "Are you sure you want to edit
>>> this post?" and the "You attempted to edit a post that doesn't
>>> exist. Perhaps it was deleted?" messages while writing up a draft
>>> post, then saving the changes I made to the draft post? It wasn't
>>> publish, it's still in Draft mode yet... But I got both of those
>>> messages.
>>>

>> After getting that second message, I can't do anything. The post is
>> GONE totally too. SHIT!!!!!!! =(
>
> Same thing happened to me. I was able to save the post by viewing the
> source on the AYS page, which has the post embedded. Not sure what
> caused it, it seemed like it was trying to edit post -1, maybe there
> was an error in the autosave.
I was thinking of viewing the source myself, but I got a phone call at
the time and I had to get offline. In a mad dash to get offline, I
closed everything out. *kicks self * It must have been some small error
or glitch, because I just tried doing two more posts for testing and
they both were okay. Either way, I'm glad I reported this ASAP, because
you just never know. ;) :) At least you got your post though Matt. :D
I'll just rewrite mine again later... sigh.

--
spencerp
http://spencerp.net