[wp-testers] Improving performance with lots of pages

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Dec 17 06:43:48 GMT 2007

Performance with many pages should be much improved in trunk.  For
compatible permalink structures, we no longer create rewrite rules for
each page.  We create one set of rules that handles all pages.
and %author% must still use the per-page rules, however.  To get the
new rule set, visit Options->Permalink and click the update button.
See #3614 for details.

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3614

wp_list_pages() should be faster thanks to #5458.

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5458

#5303 makes Manage->Pages faster.

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5303