[wp-testers] Trunk

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Mon Dec 17 00:44:27 GMT 2007

Charles E. Frees-Melvin wrote:
> For the QA side we could do a system like for the track hunt. We should try
> at least one to see if it helps. Maybe the day before a "Feature lock before
> release"
>
> trac-hunted - fixed at patched
> trac-hunted-confirmed - where a second party confirms it before being sent
> to trac
> trac-hunted-irrelivent - and then close it
> trac-hunted-sendnext - and send to next release

I think that your idea is great, except I would drop the "trac-" since
well, it is redundant. Also, it might be better to just use these instead.

"trac-hunted" -> "has-patch commit"
"trac-hunted-confirmed" -> "confirmed"
"trac-hunted-irrelevant" -> close as invalid and leave a message.
Remember to clear milestone. If you are unsure, then use
"reporter-feedback" or "2nd-opinion"
"trac-hunted-sendnext" -> "sendnext"

However, "sendnext" means nothing to the core devs and there is no
report for automatically getting that information. They would have to
manually search for it. I also used "hunted-sendnext" myself, so I will

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - blog
http://wordpress.svn.dragonu.net/unittest/ - unofficial WP unit test suite.

Also known as darkdragon and santosj on WP trac.