[wp-testers] New secure cookie protocol in trunk

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sun Dec 16 18:18:38 GMT 2007

On 12/16/07, spencerp <spencerp1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sweet! Now, question: If I "svn up" my domains here on Dreamhost.com
> (meet PHP version of course)...Do I have to manually ADD anything
> special to the wp-config.php file itself, run upgrade.php or anything?
> Just was wondering, I don't want to chance screwing something up here...

You don't have to do anything other than svn up.  You can add the
SECRET_KEY define to wp-config.php if you want some extra protection
against someone creating a valid cookie if they somehow get at the
"secret" stored in the DB.  That's optional, however.

define('SECRET_KEY', 'shhh, this is a secret');