[wp-testers] 2.3 Nightly - Plugin Compatibility

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Wed Aug 29 16:13:05 GMT 2007

On 8/28/07, spencerp <spencerp1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just curious, has there been database schema changes for certain tables,
> or? Like, added rows/columns or whatever in certain ones, or not? I'm
> not sure what all was changed really, I'm just asking because I have
> been running 2.3 since it started and I'm going by HIS plugin error. =/
> I'm guessing, besides file renaming, reorgs, etc... that any possible
> database changes that had been made, might throw some off. That's an IF
> though.

The big schema change is the dropping of the categories, post2cat, and
link2cat changes in favor of the new terms, term_taxonomy, and
term_relationship tables.  Any plugin that queries against the old
table will break horribly.  Plugins that use the category API should
be fine.

The only other schema change is the addition of "pending" to the
post_status enum.  That should be very low impact.

Here's the schema diff from 2.2 to 2.3.

http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset?old_path=branches%2F2.2%2Fwp-admin%2Fupgrade-schema.php&old=5966&new_path=trunk%2Fwp-admin%2Fincludes%2Fschema.php&new=5966