[wp-testers] Multiple Category Names

Christopher Windsor turk at hotelblues.com
Thu Aug 16 06:34:37 GMT 2007

Not sure if this is a bug or not. But I've noticed using the latest svn (rev
5875) of 2.3 that when upgrading from a copy of my live site any categories
that share the same category slug end up gone once the upgrade is complete.
I have a weird layout of my categories so this may not have happened to a
normal user.

To see what I mean just look at my live site http://www.hotelblues.com/ and
then the alpha site http://beta.hotelblues.com/

On my live site I've a number of categories with the same names. For example
I talk about a few games and I have it setup like this:

Games
- -  Coh
- -  - -  General
- -  - -  Screens
- -  - -  Video
- -  Consoles
- -  - -  Xbox
- -  - -  Xbox 360
- -  DAoC
- -  - -  General
- -  - -  Screens
- -  EverQuest
- -  Misc Shots
- -  MMORPG
- -  - -  Screens
- -  Oblivion
- -  - -  General
- -  - -  News
- -  - -  Plugins
- -  - -  Screens
- -  Vanguard
- -  WoW
- -  - -  General
- -  - -  Screens

After the upgrade a few that share a slug just get deleted. A few looks like
they actually get renamed. For example the Oblivion -- General and WoW --
Screens gets a -2 added on to the end of a slug.

I think it's a bug. Hopefully this can be fixed.