[wp-testers] getting a tag name w/o the loop

Paul Stamatiou p at pstam.com
Thu Aug 9 07:59:40 GMT 2007

Hi, I just co'd trunk, converted my categories to tags and am
converting my theme to support tags. I'm trying to find out how to get
a tag name without it being in the loop.

For example, on a page like http://paulstamatiou.com/tags/news/, I
would have "posts in the <tagname> tag". I have gone through
category-template.php and tried several tag functions without luck. Is
this possible without needing to be in the loop. Basically I'm trying
to find a replacement for what I used to use:

 if (is_category()) { ?>
Posts in the '<?php echo single_cat_title(); ?>' category

Also, slightly unrelated, I can't seem to get
wp_tag_cloud('exclude=uncategorized') to exclude 'uncategorized'.

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Stamatiou