[wp-testers] 2.2 branch and PHPMailer and MagpieRSS

Aaron Brazell abrazell at b5media.com
Fri Apr 20 16:06:04 GMT 2007

Just as a reminder, in case you weren't around for the original
Simplepie fiasco on Trac and the hackers list, we did try to move to
Simplepie but at the time there was nothing provided for BW-compat
with Magpie. I would like to see SimplePie too but we'd probably have
to do a wrapper class to ensure that old code doesn't break. Or at
least then do some complete rewriting of older code.

Related links:
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-August/007895.html
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2864#comment:8

--